CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

How do I feel about the Yankees not making the playoffs?

I've heard the question asked a few different times, usually in a mocking tone. They talk about how money can't buy championships (they're right), and how it was nice to have other teams in the playoffs (maybe for them, but not for TV or MLB). But honestly, I was okay with it. I think because they had been in the playoffs every year for the past 12 years and have won 3 championships that it makes it more palatable. But as a fan, I grew used to watching them every post-season and yeah, they didn't make it this year, but I'm okay. I'm even more okay with it because the Red Sox DIDN'T win it all. If I can take solace in anything, it's that the Red Sox didn't get another championship. That almost made it worth it. Throughout the playoffs, my favorite team was the team that squared off against the Sox. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Besides, in the end, it's going to take a while for the Red Sox to be mentioned in the same breath as the Yankees in terms of championship-winning teams. Like the shirt says, Do the Math. I love the rivalry, but love it more when the Yanks hand it to them.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

COme on, update already!!